Monday, March 23, 2015

Harmony

Yesterday, I went to my second Sacred Pyramid meditation event. (Maiden Voyage Deets Here). Again, I went to it from a place of needing calm and peace. I knew what to expect; and I prepped myself mentally, focusing on this month's theme of Harmony.

The place was packed! There were 12 others there, including the two hostesses. A couple of the participants had been at the February event; otherwise, everyone was new to me. What's cool about it is that there are always a variety of people. As soon as I entered the room, I could feel the energy of the crystals immediately start to have their effect on me. I can best describe it as feeling a presence. Not quite a headache and fullness in my chest; but almost. There's a definite change in my internal pressure. I sat near the same area I'd ultimately ended up at the time before, near the fireplace (though there wasn't a fire lit). I'm just drawn to that area; so I figured I'd follow my instinct.

We started off with introductions; and with everyone stating what they felt harmony to be. There were a variety of responses; that all had similar themes: flow, sound, balance, convergence. I've been watching The Voice, and on top of peace, balance, flow, I was thinking about how two (or more) parts come together to blend and make something that's summarily beautiful. (Tangential thought: I am always SO blown away when two singers, can be singing completely different lyrics, and harmonize, and stay singing their own lines....ah-mazing!).

My intention for the session was to come to a place of inner harmony. Harmony between my head and my heart. Harmony with my thoughts. Peace. Balance.

Once again, each of us took turns, twice in the chairs with the vajras and copper magnets, and one time underneath the pyramid. Deb brought a bigger variety of himalayan singing bowls, a rattle, and a native flute. Again, the woman's voice is purely angelic and healing on such a profound level! I've got to order her CD. I've always loved native flutes, and this time, she played it more frequently. It was divinely peaceful and brought me to a place of deeper meditation.
Himalayan Singing Bowl

Laura placed clear quartz and smokey quartz (clearing and grounding) within the base of the pyramid; and rose quarts (unconditional love) on the outside of the pyramid. She invited us, if we wanted to, to pick up a piece of the rose quartz and sit with it, if we felt we needed it. So, I grabbed a beautiful pink, glittery piece, about 12" x 6". And, held it with me for all the time I was in my chair.

The room got cold very fast. At the end of the session; Laura indicated that coolness is associated with feminine energy. And, we all had felt a chill during the session. During the last experience, I felt very energetic, my body flowing and bobbing. It was very opening and free. This time, I felt like I wanted to curl up in a ball on the floor. Even though she had invited us to move around, there really wasn't space on the floor for me to lie down, so I stayed in my chair.

Initially, I had a challenge getting into a meditative state. My mind wanted to wander. I got emotional; and held tears back. I didn't want to cry in this room full of strangers; but I know that energy was moving and I needed to let it move. So, after a few large tear drops fell, I was OK. I was able to guide my breath, inhaling peace, exhaling harmony. As I timed my breath and silently repeated those words, I found my heart opening up. I thought that the piece of rose quartz that I was holding would warm up over the course of the hour and a half; but it didn't. It remained cool, even as I held it against my chest. Which, was really calming and powerful. I felt my sits bones grounded into the chair. I felt heavier than I've ever felt...like my entire weight resting on my butt. I know that sounds strange...b/c if we're sitting, isn't our weight always in our butts? Anyway, I just felt like lead, super heavy and a lot of pressure on my booty. I bent over to rest my head on my knees and could feel the energy of the rose quartz shift. When it was my turn to sit in the pyramid, I was pleasantly surprised, as I'd felt so heavy and wanting to lie down when I was in my chair, as I sat on the bench in the pyramid, over the double pointed clear quartz that weighed at least 30 pounds (it was a beautiful stone), I felt deeply rooted. Not as heavy as I felt in my chair, but a definite pulling of my lower half towards the ground. But, I felt my spine straighten, as my head wanted to be pulled up towards the top of the pyramid. I didn't take the rose quartz in the pyramid with me; but I felt my heart open up. I felt peaceful. I felt strong and courageous and regal.

clear quartz
rose quartz












As I then made my way to the chairs with the magnets and vajras, I felt disappointed that I didn't have as much time in the pyramid. It felt like it went by really quickly. I was able to maintain a good, not so heavy feeling while in the chair and reach a state of meditation during those two rounds. Then, I made it back to my original chair, picked up the rose quarts, and placed it against my chest. As I breathed deeply, I definitely felt the love emanating from it; and my inner voice telling me "You are SO loved."

After everyone had a turn, we were asked to share our experience if we wanted to. I felt really drained; and didn't want to share my experience. But others shared theirs and it was neat to listen to the energies felt and the colors that were seen. Laura then passed out snacks; and I found that I was ravenous! I would've eaten all of the snacks if I had the chance. I was also freezing; and really wanted to get home and go to sleep. I was also soooo thirsty. I drank about 2 liters of water between the time I left the session; and went to bed.

(I can't recall if I posted this about my first experience, but, while I felt amazing during it, in the day or two that followed, I was drained energetically. I felt emotionally heavy and Laura said that was normal, that being such a powerful force of energy can drain us as it integrates, and that after a couple of days I would be fine. Which I was. Even better than fine. It was like one of those workouts where you're drained and sore afterwards, and then a couple of days later feeling really strong). This time though, I was drained during the experience; and today, the morning following it, I feel really bright and energetic. I notice a clarity in my eyes, a radiance emanating from within. I feel grounded. I feel loved. I feel steady and powerful. I feel connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment