Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sacred Pyramid Meditation Experience

Earlier this week, I attended a sacred geometry sound meditation session. It's a mouthful, I know.

Ever since about my eighth grade year of school, I've been interested in alternative thoughts and practices, like Tarot and energy work. My high school boyfriend's mom was a phone psychic. And, though she only did one reading for me, I was infatuated with her spirit animal cards. During my freshman year, I worked for an aesthetician, who very much believed in Shamanism, and had neat cards at the office. Everyday that I worked there, I'd pull one of the angel cards from a conch shell to see what it had in store for me. And, during my senior year of highschool, I bought my own Tarot deck to consult.

Over the past 8 or so years, I've explored and have used more energetic work in every aspect of my life, from taking a Reiki class, going to energy workers, using crystals, going to a Shaman, meditating, and using  EFT for almost everything. I believe that we, and everything around us, is energy. We're all interconnected. I believe in our own innate power to heal ourselves. And, I believe that our minds are our most powerful aspects. Our thoughts create our lives. We are creators of our lives; and not meant to be regurgitators.

So, when I found out about this sacred pyramid sound meditation, I was really curious. From having spent more time in crystal and mineral shops, I've found out that I'm sensitive to crystals and stones. If there are lots of stones, or big crystals, then I start to feel an immediate shift in the energy in and around me. As I walked into the room, there was a giant copper pyramid, with a 4'x4' base, about 4' high. Within the pyramid, there were two large chunks of rose quartz. And, along each of the copper rods making up the pyramid, were pieces of kyanite. I was running a few minutes late, so as I entered the room, I felt agitated and rushed, being annoyed at myself for not timing my drive better. But, within a minute of sitting down in my chair, I felt my mind go completely calm. And, a whirring in my heart, as if it were the inside a Swiss watch.

Our facilitator explained that sacred geometry (like that found in shapes found in nature (bee hives, snowflakes) and those that are built (churches, pyramids, arches) helps facilitate energy flow. And, being that the pyramid was made of copper (a super conductor) that this really ramps up the energy. At each corner and top of the pyramid, were other copper adornings with neat geometrical patterns.

Pyramid like the one I sat under


A woman who played the Tibetan singing bowls, a native flute, rattles, and had the most angelic voice I've ever heard, played and sang throughout the two hour session. This month's meditation focus was unconditional love. Each of us got a turn to sit in the pyramid, on a bench for about 8 minutes, before rotating throughout the room to sit and meditate in other spots. For two turns, we got to sit on pillows placed on top of crystals and hold rattle like shaped copper wands with clear quartz handles (which I've now found out are called vajras, and are supposed to help with your energy flow through your chakras and out through your hands).
Vajras


I volunteered to be the first to sit in the pyramid. And, I was quickly able to get into a meditative state. I felt my neck want to elongate, my head rolling side to side, stretching out. I definitely felt energy up and around my head, which was inside the top of the pyramid. And, before  I knew it, I heard the signal for me to switch seats. I sat for two turns in the padded seats with the vajras and again, my most distinct feeling was that of my throat and heart chakras opening up. For the 3rd and 4th rounds, I sat on the floor in front of the fireplace. I felt such a sense of peace, calm, and love.
At the end of the session, I stood up, and felt groundedness like I hadn't in a long time. I felt like a frog that has sticky feet, almost suctioned to the floor. I felt myself standing tall and regal. Very confident, and calm within myself. Assured. Beautiful. Strong.

The facilitator, passed by me, and said that she sensed a very strong Egyptian persona from my past lives radiate through me. Which, is interesting, because in energy work that I did over this fall, I distinctly felt Cleopatra-esque....and there's NO way she would've known that.

It was a really cool experience. Very relaxing. I met neat people, learned a lot, and I'll definitely be doing again!

No comments:

Post a Comment