Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Happy Is As Happy Does

Being that last week we celebrated International Happiness Day, I've been thinking about the things in life that make me happy! Here are some of them:

  • Birds chirping out of nowhere at the first sign of spring - seriously, where do they come from?! It's glorious! 
  • Frogs croaking and calling - at any time; but especially as I'm drifting off to sleep! 
  • The way Gidget smiles and looks up at me while we're running - it's so endearing and encouraging! 
  • Clothes fresh out of the dryer - anytime! 
  • Being out on trails with nobody else on them; and feeling like they're mine!
  • Finding out that my body is stronger than I thought by eeking out a few more reps than I initially planned on; or going a few more minutes! And, seeing AND feeling the results!  
  • Flying! Traveling! Wanderlust is divine! 
  • Seeing Gary from a laying down position, grab one leg, completely extend it and roll up to sitting - it's hilarious and totally cute!
  • Principessa's baby Grover noises and the way she likes to do somersaults - she's a monkey!
  • Hearing one of my "jams" come on the radio that I've not heard in a while and belting it out loud and dancing along! 
  • Finding a piece of gum when I thought I've run out - it's SUCH satisfaction! 
  • Basking in the sunshine - feeling the sun's rays on my face and shoulders, and the warmth and brightness! 
  • Books that I get lost in - feel like I know the characters, I can picture myself in the scenes, feel all of the emotions - bliss! 
  • Playing tennis! My recently discovered love! I adore the game! I love the fun of volleys and the thwack of the ball hitting the sweet spot on my racquet! 
  • Coloring - bringing color to a previously blank page! The relaxation, the brightness, being in my zone!
  • The sound of rain and thunder in the summer --- delicious! 
  • The smell of grass after a rain - a fresh, new start, that I can feel deep in my soul! 
  • Being in store where everything delights me! Where I find pretty things to look at, try on, or imagine being mine! 
  • Seeing pictures of baby animals  - warms my heart and makes me smile. Always! 
  • Pinteresting - the variety! The abundance! 
  • Glancing up to see Lady Hawk soaring through the sky! She's girl, my spirit animal!
  • Biting into a delicious strip of bacon (or steak) - HEAVEN!!! (I'm salivating as I type and think about this!)
  • Slowly sipping whiskey - the slight burn on my tongue, and it's fiery warmth as it travels down my throat.
  • Riding fast downhill on my bike - the freedom! The fun and smile that runs across my face!
  • Laughing - I LOVE laughing and giggling! Witty creativity - whether on Wednesday night tv (The Goldbergs, Modern Family, The Middle, Blackish); or watching Jimmy Fallon delight in pure joy of laughing and making others laugh - that makes me happy! 
  • Trying anything new! I love adventure! 
  • Pharrell Williams as a coach; and Carson Daly as the host on The Voice - they are so authentically nice and it radiates completely! 
  • Feeling good about what I do for a living and know I make a positive difference. I'm doing what I love! 
  • Sunshine! Sunshine! Sunshine! 
  • Being outdoors - smelling fresh air, listening to nature, exploring, dining, riding, running, anything! 
  • Waking up at 1 am and realizing I have a few more hours yet to sleep and snuggling back in!
  • Sunrises! I love feeling the start of a new day and watching the colors of the sky change and seeing the sun crest above the horizon and feel its warmth!
I know I can a million more to my list! But for now, I'll bask in these happy thoughts! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment