Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Amber is the Color of Your Energy

Sing it with me now! "Whoooah, amber is the color of your energy." Now I've got 311 stuck in my head. :)

This weekend, a friend and I went to the Iowa Metaphysical Fair. Since high school, I've had a definite interest in the esoteric. My high school boyfriend's mom was a telephone Tarot reader; and I was fascinated by the work she did. She would often pull a card of the day when I saw her, and once, she gave me a full reading. During that same timeframe, I also worked for an aesthetician who was in touch with the metaphysical, and everyday at work, I'd pull an angel card. I then bought my own Tarot deck, and would pull cards for fun. Fast forward to college, and I spent much of my senior year, writing my thesis at a metaphysical book store. I adored the energy in there, and when I was at a creative block, I'd peruse all of the books, calendars, cards. You name it, I had my hands all over it.

Over the course of the last 10 years, I've had my cards read and met with psychics a hand full of times. I've definitely come across some that I was like, "What!? No. I don't believe anything you say." But, more recently, I've gone to a couple of women who have helped give me some really good guidance and insight. Of course, they're open for interpretation, and not every  reader is 100% right. I just like to touch base and get insights every once in awhile.

In April, we'd gone to Sedona to attend my cousin's wedding. And, Sedona is known for being a metaphysical mecca. When it wasn't raining, we perused several shops; and I was really leaning towards getting my aura photographed, but just didn't do it. So, when I saw the opportunity here at the event this past weekend, I totally jumped aboard!

Our auras are extensions of our physical bodies. They're the energy that emanates out. Everything is energy, so it makes sense that we have energetic fields around us.

To get a photo of your aura taken, you sit on a chair, and place your hands on these metal boxes that have metal plates resembling the shape of your hands. There are sensors on the plates. You don't feel anything other than your hands pressing against metal. Then, they drape a black cloth over your chest and shoulders to block out any colors that you are currently wearing. The particular booth we visited, the woman asked me to say my full given name out loud, and she said a little incantation asking that any spirits or guides come through with only good intentions and reverence, and then she had me close my eyes until she was done. It took less than 10 seconds and then she had me open my eyes while a polaroid was printed.



Along with the polaroid, you're given a print out that explains what the various colors and positions mean. And, I totally wasn't expecting this, but the woman who took the picture then started doing a reading for me - way more in depth than the print out. Like relaying messages to me that she heard from my guides.

Granted, I'd not spoken to her at all prior to taking the photo. She knew absolutely nothing about me, nor about what I do. The only thing she knew was my birth name. Here were the messages she received from my guides to pass onto me (black font) and my thoughts regarding them in blue



  • This too shall pass. 
  • All in God's timing for my greatest good.
  • Drop the need to know/understand.
  • Live in my heart.
  • Don't take things personally.
  • I have a high level of psychic ability.
  • If I'm not sure about something it is best to do nothing.
  • There is no such thing as good/bad/wrong/right. It's labels that we give to things from our narrow perspectives; not how God/Source sees it. 
  • Be grateful for everything that I've gone through recently. It's given me a higher level of compassion that I can use in helping others. 
  • It's OK to be in the void. This is where the power of infinite possibility exists. 
  • I have everything I need right now. 

These were all really good and timely messages. I often live in my head. And, sometimes, I get stuck in an endless rut of trying to figure things out. And, that doesn't serve me. It also doesn't serve me that I take things personally. I'm reminded of Don Miguel Ruiz's advice that echos that. To make an agreement with myself that I won't take things personally. If somebody's having a bad day, or being short, that doesn't mean it has anything to do with me. 

In that same vein of sensitivity, I can pick up on other people's energy. I've always been very sensitive, I think that I do have empathic abilities. Sometimes they serve me well, and sometimes I have to remember not to take on other people's energy.  

When visiting each of the Tarot and metaphysical people, each of them has told me that I have psychic and healing abilities. (We're all psychic  - most people just don't tune into it a great deal) But, every metaphysical practitioner I've met, has really highlighted to me that I am gifted and should tune into my abilities more. 

The advice about being in the void is pertinent. I'm not comfortable when not in motion. Sitting still either drives me crazy or terrifies me. So, when she mentioned that that's the place of infinite potentiality, it definitely put things in a new and exciting light! And, that ties back into the all in God's timing piece. I've got to trust that I'm exactly where I need to be right now. I have everything I need right now in terms of basic needs; but also in terms of the gifts, talents, and expertise that I have. It was like a gentle "sssssshhhhhhh" from the Universe. A reassurance that everything is going to be fine. And to get out of my head and listen to my heart. 

  • The green that I have on both the left and right side, she says having colors balanced out like that isn't common. And, that I'm a natural born healer. My medicine comes from being in touch with the earth and nature. 
  • When I believe in my own power and voice and what I want to do, blessings will pour over me.
  • Own my power and voice. Do what I came here to do. Don't let the opinions of others cloud my thinking. Don't feel the need to explain myself to others. Be direct in my communication. Polite, but short, sweet, and to the point. Remember that I am an old soul. 
  • Tap into nature and my healing powers. I'm here to guide and help people, even if it's to provide them confidence and belief in themselves and moving forward.  I'm here to help people love themselves. 
  • The purple signifies intuition and openness of my throat and throat area, that I'm leaning into listening more to my guides. 
This segment was exciting. I do really like being in nature. I've made it a point to go out on most days of the week and walk and sit barefooted in the grass to connect. Like I mentioned, I've been told each time that I am healer...and when she said that I'm here to help people love themselves, I about fell over in the chair because I KNOW that! That's why I love coaching so much! She was also right that I do let other people's opinions influence me...but that I need to stand strong in what I know and believe. Back to tuning into myself and what I know and believe; and to look for and be more aware of the signs that I feel given to me by my guides and inner voice. 

Overall, it was a neat experience. I was really surprised and excited that the reading was more comprehensive than a print out. And, as I typed out these messages today (I'd taken a notebook b/c I wanted to be able to log anything that I came across or if I had a reading, and asked her if I could write down what she said), these points just sink in to a deeper level. So, in my continually evolving quest on this life journey. I'll continue growing, and as is the theme of a lot of what I share in this blog, tune into my inner being and live from my heart. 




No comments:

Post a Comment