Thursday, February 26, 2015

What's the story Morning Glory?

I just listened to a profound tapping interview featuring Julie Shiffman, an EFT practitioner featured in this year's Annual Tapping Summit.

A few posts back, I wrote that I believe that we are meant to be the creators of our lives, not merely reactors or regurgitators. And, though I hold that belief, sometimes it's challenging in the face of negative emotion, or negative events to think, "Wow! I created that." And, so instead of getting into the creating mode, we get stuck in the reacting mode, replaying events that happened, things that were said, instances that upset us. Those are the memories that get stuck in our mental craws. We have about 70,000 thoughts per day, and 40,000 of those are repetitions from the previous day.

In Julie's interview, she stated something in a way that I hadn't really heard before, and it stuck with me. She said we are the writers of our stories. And, we let other people co-author with us. Be it good or bad, our lives are about co-authoring with others. We let the positive and negative stories that everybody we interact with shape and create our stories. And, that's not a bad thing...it's just life. But, at any moment, we have the power to change our stories.

How she said it, the way in which I was listening, and I guess my renewed interest and practice in writing, for whatever reason, her comments made my brain buzz with excitement. I know this! I deeply believe it! WE each are our lives' own authors! It's like the choose your adventure books, we can choose the people, the scenery, the plot. And, if we don't like it, we can change it! Yet, change is scary. We fear what changing our story will do in terms of affecting other people's stories. We fear the uncertainty of plot twists. We fear whether or not our book will have a happy and satisfying ending. We simultaneously love and fear the immense power of creation!

What story do you tell yourself? If you were to write your life story, what would it be like? And, more importantly, as you start to shift to the creator mode, what story would you like to tell? YOU are the creator of your story - instead of using your mind to replay the old, tap your imagination and create your powerful, exciting, new adventure! It takes practice, I'm certainly not an expert (YET); but that's my goal, is to focus on creating a story that's filled with all of the greatness I can imagine! To not only train my body, but to train my brain to look for and remember, and emphasize the positives and people and things that I appreciate more of the time! To call into my dreams a tasty dose of imagination, to day dream,, and be inspired, and excited about this crazy, wonderful story of my life!



No comments:

Post a Comment