Friday, December 4, 2015

Ear Worms

To be honest, I've not made a music playlist in over a year. It's something that I used to love to do; and kind of like reading, I tucked it away for awhile.

Music has still been very much a part of my life in that time frame. I definitely need it to work out to. But, I've just stuck to Pandora and Spotify stations.

Recently, though, I've been drawn to using Shazam again to tag songs that absolutely draw me in.

Here are the songs that I crave and can't get enough of!


  • Josh Ritter - Getting Ready to Get Down - Where have I been?! I love his sound! It reminds me a bit of the Killers' sound on Sam's Town. 
  • Gwen Stefani - I Used to Love You - Absolutely, hauntingly beautiful. She is raw and vulnerable and absolutely relatable in the love/hate aspect. I can't get the hook out of my head "suitcase, band aids, pulling back out the driveway, you go, I'll stay, you can keep all the memories.'
  • Jonathan Jackson (Avery) - History of my Heart - This season of Nashville has had some amazing songs. This one, I can't listen to a ton. I've put it in my pocket to listen to once in a while - it's hauntingly beautiful. So, I don't have it play on my playlist - but I've flagged it as special. 
  • Riley Smith (Markus) - All I want Is Us Tonight - since History of My Heart is a sparingly played song, I picked this from my Nashville list. 
  • Macklemore & Lewis - Downtown - Seriously, listening to this song makes me so  happy and puts me in dance fever! Definitely a song to start the day with! The lyrics, the fun catchy beat always has my booty moving. And, the video... L.O.V.E!
  • Troye Sivan - Youth - trippin' on skies, sippin' waterfalls - g'ahhh! That lyric tickles my brain, and I love it! I heard Troye sing this live on a radio interview while driving one day; and I only heard like one bar; but instantly fell in love with it; and immediately had to find it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment