Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Poem

I miss your presence, your essence, your touch.
Seeing your smile light up the room, things I want to share with you all so very much.

You're neither here, nor there
Yet, I feel your presence everywhere.

Blue skies and daydreaming about picnics.
Running trails, in complete awe with the way our souls just clicked.

Songs I hear that stop me in my tracks.
Your favorite toppings, walnuts and bananas, Jack Johnson serenading about flapjacks.

Inside jokes, book club, and guffaws.
What I wouldn't give to feel you in my kitten paws.

Miles and miles through cities we walked.
Hours upon hours flying by that we talked.

Laughter and a piggy back ride at Churchill Downs.
Each other's presence magically erasing any doubts or frowns.

From soaring with pure delight 400 feet above Lake Erie,
To walking hand in hand across the Bridge, Key.

Ferris wheels, honky tonks, and play lists.
My heart holds you in a state of bliss.

Running in the Land of the Delta Blues.
Perusing the menu, I'll let you choose.

Sitting along the river, listening to live music, can you name that song.
The glee in your eyes when I caught your pass from 40 long.

Jet vapors arcing their way across the sky.
Signs in everything, seemingly carrying a soulful "hi"

What started out as a group dinner invite in The Big Easy.
Turned to falling head over heels in love completely.

Islands in the Stream that is what we are.
Love and feelings transcending time and distances far.





No comments:

Post a Comment