Saturday, June 6, 2015

Happy Birthday, Amy!

Today is my sister Amy's birthday! We're a year and a half apart; and live half of the country apart. We don't talk too frequently, but when we do, we can chat forever. Growing up, when we were really little, my parents dressed us alike, Amy usually in blue, and me in red. So, people often thought we were twins. Growing up, we were pretty different though. She, the social butterfly and outgoing life of the party, great athlete; and me, the shy, lanky bookworm.

I think that because people so often compared us to one another, at some level, we really tried to differentiate ourselves. We were each other's best friend and could fight like cats and dogs. My senior year of high school, we became really close, and I know that if we lived near one another, we'd probably be doing all sorts of fun things together now.

For my dad's birthday, I posted all of the things that I liked and what about him made me smile. I like that theme, so, happy birthday, Amo! This is what I like about you!


  • Your infectious laughter - I noticed it so much this past Christmas. You laugh with pure delight at so many things. And, that brightens the room!
  • The way you dance (I so wish I had a picture of you doing  the"Who's hot?! He's hot!" choreography LOL
  • Your social butterfly-ness. You're the life of any party, any group. Anywhere you go. You're like the pied piper.
  • Even though you don't want kids, you're like the grand marshall anytime you're around kid them They adore your silliness. 
  • You're an awesome fur mom to Lemmie and Bonz. 
  • The way you rock out in your car to Depeche Mode's "Just Can't Get Enough" and The Darkness' "I Believe in a Thing Called Love"
  • Speaking of your car, your driving sometimes scares me, but you do get to places really fast and efficiently (except when you run out of gas ;-) ) 
  • The way you know what exactly you want and are completely unapologetic for it. 
  • That you stood up for me when I was bullied in school. 
  • You're amazing ability to smack the hell out of a tetherball and volleyball. 
  • The way you sound like Miss Piggy when you're mad. 
  • That you're an amazing chef and baker.
  • You're always willing to sit in the very front of roller coasters and the way you do the "Ghost Rider" impression. 
  • Your ability to host the best and most fun parties and make everyone feel special. 
  • Your willingness to try new things.

Happy birthday, Am. I love you! 

Sedona Sisters 4/15
Queen Pirate of the Caribbean Conga Line 10/06

No comments:

Post a Comment