Thursday, June 14, 2018

Museless

I used to ADORE Pinterest. I could spend hours upon hours finding images that made me salivate, belly laugh, and dream! And, then, I lost interest, feared to be seduced by dreams that were ephemeral. Let down by possibilities that I felt no longer had potential. Instead of being a mind candy oasis, perusing Pinterest became a dark forest, best left avoided.

Today was the first time in a very long time that I went back on it. I revisited my boards and was reminded of so many things that make my heart, mind and soul shine! I feel like there's a path that's come out of hiding (mind you, I'm aware it's been in plain sight all along); and I'm ready to see it again.

I'm ready to open my palms to receive musings, creativity, light-heartedness! I'm ready to be tantalized by far off places! To have my mind tickled by puns, and to experience the beauty of words and fabulous images!

All work and no play, a dull Jen make. Yesterday, I turned a corner in one of my consulting roles. I'd been feeling overworked, blah, and micromanaged on multiple levels. And, something just clicked that a voice in the back of my mind said, "I no longer give a fuck! I am not defined by this role. I am doing the best that I can; and I feel damn good about what I have accomplished. And, if people aren't happy with it, or are wanting to push my boundaries, then, that's on them. Not me."

It felt like a dam became dislodged, and from that moment on for the next several hours, I had positivity running through my veins. A sense of empowerment. A sense of knowing my belonging. And, a sense of electrified peace.

I felt called to tap into my muses, to revisit them and get in touch with creative expression. To do what I'm called to do that sounds like fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment